- Women's Basketball
- Seward, NE, USA
- Competetive Midwest Private Religous University Rates
- Full Time
Health Plan, Retirement, Long- and Short-term disability, Life Insurance, Active Health and Wellness Programs, Tuition Waiver, great athletic work community
Join our team of servant leaders and make a difference in people's lives! Founded in 1894 by The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, Concordia University, Nebraska is a private, coeducational institution of higher learning. The main campus is located in Seward, (population 7,000) which Movoto.com recently named as the "Best place to live in Nebraska". If you thrive in a community driven environment, you will enjoy Concordia University and Seward's classic small town community feel with access to the state's capital, just 30 minutes away. If you want to learn more about Concordia University, Nebraska please visit www.cune.edu.
Concordia University, Nebraska is seeking candidates for the position of: Women's Basketball Assistant Coach
This position serves as the Asst. Women's Basketball Coach, Game/Event Manager for Baseball, and Weight Room Supervisor to make up this full-time position. Under general supervision of the head coach and assigned athletic administrator, the assistant coach is responsible for assisting with coaching and instruction duties related to the assigned sport at Concordia University, Nebraska. He/she will assist with all aspects of the program while abiding by the rules and regulations established by Concordia University, Nebraska (CUNE), the Great Plains Athletic Conference (GPAC), and the NAIA by performing the following duties.
Responsibilities/Duties/Functions/Tasks: List of items that are essential to achieving the objectives of the position.
Assistant Women's Basketball Coach:
- Assists the Head Coach (HC) in organizing, preparing, instructing, and conducting individual and team practices, training, and competition using sound principles and judgment consistent with the mission, vision, and strategic direction of the CUNE Athletic Department.
- Assists in coaching all sport practices throughout the season, as well as administering and readily providing attendance records at all practices.
- Assists in cultivating, identifying, recruiting and following up with qualified student-athletes by phone, email, and with off and on-campus visits while utilizing recruiting technology and processes provided by Dept.
- Within the framework of CUNE, GPAC, and NAIA policies, recruit prospective student-athletes who adhere to the NAIA Champions of Character initiatives and who strive for academic achievement, competitive greatness, and spiritual/character development.
- Adhere to and support the HC in monitoring and reinforcing all institutional, conference, and NAIA by-laws and regulations.
- Actively participate in implementing and/or designing a retention plan as determined by the HC of respective athletic program.
- Assist with team scheduling, team travel arrangements, evaluating talent of prospective and returning student-athletes, promoting and marketing the assigned athletic program, scouting opponents, and fund-raising, upon direction of the HC.
- Foster, assist, and lead interactions that inspire spiritual and character development through one-on-one student & staff relations that build a cohesive and positive team culture here at CUNE.
- Other duties as assigned.
Baseball Game/Event Manager:
- Attend weekly event management meetings during assigned competition season.
- Adhere to Event Management Handbook.
- Provide pre-event logistical communication for administration to determine staffing needs.
- Assist AEOM with set-up and tear-down for all varsity events.
- Provide pre-event packets for visiting teams' travel party (coaches, bus drivers, athletes) and be readily available to answer questions upon their arrival to an event.
- Host game/event officials upon arrival and ensures payment for their services the day of the event.
- Responsible for providing workers and supervision of those workers at each event. This includes admissions gate/ticket operations throughout the event.
- Coordinates all half-time/break presentations and activities that add to the 'fan experience."
- Provide on-site facility supervision for all respective events from the time teams and officials arrive until all equipment is secured and shut-down properly.
- Provide administration with an income/expense report for multi-team events.
- Collect ticket revenue/gate proceeds according to the Event Management Handbook and comply with the Cash Handling Policies.
- Provides Director of Athletics with a worker pay reconciliation report at the end of the respective season.
- Other duties as assigned.
Weight Room Supervisor:
- Work alongside the Athletic Facilities Coordinator and/or Director of Athletics to provide weight room scheduling for all athletic programs and general student/faculty/staff usage.
- Responsible for the daily upkeep and cleaning of all strength and conditioning facilities (Walz & PE)
- Implements and administers weight room policies and procedures.
- Hires, trains, and supervises student workers and interns who assist with daily supervision for the weight room and Fieldhouse.
Other duties assigned.
Minimum of 1-3 years' experience directly related to high school or college basketball.
Valid driver's license
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the basketball program
- Knowledge of athletic recruitment methods and techniques
- Knowledge of NAIA regulations and guidelines governing the recruitment and retention of student-athletes
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and ability to learn and utilize other software applications as necessary; experience with SCT Banner software preferred.
- Proficient in the game of basketball
- Be proficient with the use of software applications; including Microsoft applications, databases, spreadsheets, and word processing.
Special position requirements
- Ability to lead and guide NAIA student-athletes in an area of specialty
- Skill in budget preparation and management
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to drive 12-passenger van.
- Ability to travel, rent vehicles, drive in large citifies, and fly in commercial aircrafts.
- Responsible for the spiritual leadership of the team that is consistent with LCMS values and theology.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!